And the Google parade continues...
Google just released an offline video player that has the following features:
- Watch videos downloaded from Google Video
- Browse scenes within a video using thumbnails
- Skip to anywhere in the video, even if that portion hasn't downloaded yet
- Sit back and watch videos in full screen mode
- Resume video downloads automatically
Get it here
Of late, it seems only Apple and Google
have been taking turns pushing innovation's edge. Must be frustrating for the competition as the two companies keep leapfrogging ahead.
Both companies have *Nix in their DNA (Darwin in OS X, and hundreds of thousands of Linux boxes in Google's datacenters), and you can sense that there's a bit of a lovefest
between the two as Google has gone out of its way to support Safari.
Other worthwhile Mac-friendly Google offerings are:
And here are some other third-party Google/Mac nuggets:
If I were Apple, I'd just get out of the .Mac business and fully integrate iSync and iLife with Google. That would be a marriage made in heaven!